Sauna centre gutted as fire breaks out at Patiala’s National Institute of Sports

Image result for Sauna centre gutted as fire breaks out at Patiala’s National Institute of SportsTribune News Service
Patiala, May 13

Panic gripped the National Institute of Sports (NIS) as a fire broke out at the institute in the wee hours of Monday.

The sauna and steam bath centre–a recovery facility for players–was engulfed in thick smog following the fire, apparently because of short circuit.

A fire tender was rushed to the spot.

No casualty was reported as no-one was inside the centre at the time.

Most part of the centre was badly damaged.

The officials said the fire broke out due to the short circuit at the centre. The matter was reported by the NIS security personnel around 5 am.

Varinder Verma, security in-charge, said he was informed of the incident around 5.15 and rushed to the spot. He said, “Prima facie the fire broke out because of short-circuit. Authorities have been sounded.”

Manjit Singh, an NIS security guard, said, “I was switching off the streetlights at around 5 am when I saw smoke coming out of the front side of the centre. When I went to the back side, a major fire was on. I called the fire station and informed the security in-cImage result for Sauna centre gutted as fire breaks out at Patiala’s National Institute of Sportsharge.”

[“source=tribuneindia”]